NPSC First Nation Advisory Committee
The Nipissing Parry Sound Catholic District School Board recognizes the importance of working in partnership with our First Nations community to improve outcomes for our First Nation, Inuit and Metis students. The Nipissing - Parry Sound Catholic District School Board First Nation Advisory Committee (FNAC) was first established in 2004.
FNAC Committee Members
The Committee is comprised of representatives from our First Nation community, Board of Trustees, Senior Administration and principal representatives.
- Judy Manitowabi - FNAC Chair, Board Trustee
- Anna Marie Bitonti - Director of Education
- John Willemsen - Trustee
- Jacques Begin - Trustee
- Linda Jamieson - Trustee
- Doug Chevrier - Nipissing First Nation
- Nancy Potvin - North Bay Indian Friendship Centre
- Audrey Gribbons - Principal
- Susan Wardell - Principal
- Nancy Allaire - Principal
- Paula Mann - Superintendent of Education
- Elizabeth Foisy - Vice Principal, St. Joseph Scollard Hall
- Mary Lou Cappadocia - Catholic Curriculum Co-ordinator
- Develop and increase the cultural awareness of our Catholic Board community through professional development and sharing of best practices
- Provide input on Board Aboriginal Education initiatives to improve achievement for First Nations learners.
- Develop and enhance partnerships with communities that support First Nations students, including parent engagement.
- Develop awareness of programs that meet the needs of First Nations students.
- Advocate for the needs of First Nations students