Communication Protocol

Whom to Contact: Knowing whom to contact at your child's school (or the Board Office) is important in order to deal effectively with a concern.

First: Contact your child's teacher. Most situations are resolved at this level. Throughout the school year, take advantage of opportunities to talk with your child's teacher(s).

Next: Contact the school's Principal or appropriate Vice-Principal if a solution is not reached with the teacher.

Then: Contact the Superintendent of Education if the situation is still not resolved.

Finally: Contact the Director of Education if the Superintendent of Education is unable to resolve a concern. You may also contact the Board Trustee who represents your area if a concern remains unresolved.